Looks whose back!! I am going to attempt to do this again. I guess to recap I had a great 2010. Nothing overly exciting but nothing to dull neither. I meet some great friends.. Finally quit Chili's and have moved forward with my life. I am still in school, I'm a lifer, I will be in school forever. This is my last year to try for a dental hygiene program until later. I can't keep holding my life up on something I have no control over; an application process. So I have decided to move forward with my degree in Chemistry.
On a different note shortly after 2011 started I had this epephany while watching The Green Mile. Everyone is going to die. I know its a thought that many people know but never acknowledge. I just had this flash that if I live to be 60 something 1/3rd of my life is already over. Scary? It was a little shocking to me. On a brighter note if I live to be around 80 something only 1/4th is gone. Either way this probably sounds defeatist. But it really helped put my life into prespective. I have since actually attained many 'goals' for myself. I have quit biting my nails after many attempts to do so. I am spending more time with my animals and cooking more for myself. I have gotten back in the gym. But most importantly I have started to really reconnect with myself.
I refuse to keep just going through the motions like I have been for the last couple of years. I am ready to make a full 'recovery.' I have really started to rekindle old passions and work toward achieving new activities for myself. I look forward to making each day actually count and feel like I have been productive in some way or fashion. Sounds crazy but it was a huge moment in my life. One of those what the hell have you been doing moments? So I have taken back control.
I must get ready for work as finding the time to blog is going to be the hard part. Baby steps, once I make it a habit it be back on here I'm sure my blogs will be more developed. Until next time!
(Oh and I think I am going to steal a friends idea and try to end my blogs with a quote that means something to me) - Thanks Lauren. (Only mine will be from books.. not movies.)
"Probably, though, life is more like one of those dumb video surveillance tapes. Grainy, no matter how hard you stare at it. And looped: the same thing, over and over." - Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.
^-- This is exactly what I am working towards preventing.. Only you can decide if things will remain the way they are or find a way to change it.
Fantastic love!!!!
ReplyDelete