So yesterday I decided that I was going to try to make the last minute deadline for the Tyler Junior College dental hygiene program. I drove two hours completely unprepared for the test I was supposed to take. But hey I am a smart girl, I read all the time and I haven't missed a semester in school so I'm ready to tackle this.. or so I think. I had to make a composite score of 60. Guess what mine was.. a 57. Completely unprepared with no studying I got 3 points shy of the 'goal.' Needless to say it was a wasted trip. But here is what it did turn out good for.
I got to sit in the car all day and sort my thoughts. Driving is a great way to completely get everything worked out in my head. And I realized that after not studying one bit for that test I only came up 3 points short. I totally have it covered if I just refresh my math skills, namely fractions. I got to see east texas and I must say it is pretty out there. I like how unbusy everything was and the fact that unlike west texas there is grass and trees in sight. I rediscovered my love for Dairy Queen who wants to open up a franchise here in the DFW with me. And even though I spent all day in the car it was rejuvinating. I got to sight see, take time out for me and I had to be absolutely no where at a certain time. It was so refreshing to move about with no schedule, in a town where I knew no one, enjoying things I don't take the time to enjoy anymore. In fact the whole trip was spontaneous and thats what I've been missing in my life. A little uncertainity. Something new and exciting.
That said it also opened my eyes to how much I do enjoy myself here, I love my friends and I do not want to move but if thats where life flys me then thats where I'll go. Dental school is the goal, my friends and family will be there supporting me and it is up to me to make things work with all of them in the end. It's not about how close you live to someone it's about how much effort you put into the relationship itself. After getting back from Tyler I came home and hung out for a bit and then met up with some friends at Dublins. Lauren told me that she didn't know how she would've survived Ft Worth without me. And I don't really do mushy things but if made me feel good. Finally I have reached out to someone and made a difference. I used to be good at this. And for the last few years I think I've sucked it up at it. But it seems that trait to reappearing and I am completely estatic about it.
Heres a thought.. If I do not get into dental school.. maybe I could retake classes in Philly with Lauren while I wait to reapply to schools. I know I want to be a dental hygienest life can wait.. If it doesn't happen this year it will one day. That I am sure of. Soo whats the hurt in scaling the country while I wait for that to happen for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment