Monday, August 29, 2011

The First Semester: Fall 2011.

Today I started at Texas Woman's University. I have changed my degree from Dental Hygiene to Accounting. Everyone I have spoken to about this have given me this freaked out look because of the huge change. But today in my business communication class I was revived of hope; I was not the only one. Today I got to hear about many people just like me had made the switch from healthcare to business and it breathed new life into me. I am excited to see how this semester pans out and if the business world is for me. If it is I am expected to graduate in December of 2013. Five whole semesters stand between me and a degree.

I am debating with minoring in Business Administration because that way if I can not find a job in accounting I could work the front end of the healthcare field that otherwise would have eluded me. But that is to still be decided I haven't spoken to my advisor yet about this new idea.

I am looking forward to this semester for more than just school. I am still eating better and working out. But aside from that I'll be 24 this year. That number is scarier than the others have been. It's dawning on me that I am getting older; slowly but surely. Aw well bring it on.

I am thinking about going skydiving with my boyfriend, Bryan. He really wants to go and even though I honestly believe that I could potentially have a heart attack or shit my pants or possibly both; I believe that it could be worth it. The chance for him to do something to cross off his bucket list and me trying out something that totally terrifies me, really for no other reason than to do it. To surprise myself.

"Do one thing everyday that scares you."

No comments:

Post a Comment